How to Leverage a Business Value Assessment to Improve Your Field Service Operations
If you are looking to improve your field service operations but don’t know where to start, a Business Value Assessment (BVA) can help you identify areas of your business that:
- Have gaps and require support and development
- Can deliver the most ROI when improved
In this article, we’ll walk you through what a Business Value Assessment is and how it can benefit your business, as well as how they relate specifically to improvements for field service organizations.
BVA Basics, Their Benefits, and Field Service
If you manage a field service organization, you know that maximizing productivity and customer satisfaction are always top priorities. However, it’s difficult to achieve these things if your organization’s operations aren’t running as efficiently as possible. This is why BVAs are particularly useful for field service.
A Business Value Assessment (BVA) is a tool designed to help organizations identify opportunities for process improvement and cost savings.
- By taking a close look at current business practices, a BVA can help uncover inefficiencies and areas where improvements can be made.
While, as mentioned above, BVAs can help target areas for improvement, the benefits go beyond that. A BVA can:
- Help quantify the potential financial impact of proposed changes
- Provide insights into how best to implement those changes
- Help build consensus among stakeholders on the best course of action
While a BVA can be a valuable exercise for any organization, it is particularly well-suited to businesses that are trying to do more with less, streamline operations, or undergoing significant change. In these situations, a BVA can provide a road map to move ahead and reach the organization’s strategic goals.
Business Value Assessment Walk Through
BVAs involve several stages, all of which are critical towards a successful delivery. While different organizations may conduct BVAs in different ways, our typical BVAs include:
- Communicating with the people that will be impacted by or involved with the assessment.
- Working with a business to identify a specific collection of activities, which deliver a service or product, that are typical for their organization; identifying these activities allows us to start pinpointing areas for improvement.
- Documenting processes to see where they measure against best practices.
- Looking at both the people and technology involved in operations and their impact on operations; for example, technology takes time, money, and other resources to complete tasks, which will all affect operations.
- Interviewing stakeholders to identify their needs.
At the end of this process, we compile our findings and present them to participants to ensure their accuracy, to finalize our recommendations for improvement and development.
Is a BVA Right for Your Field Service Organization?
We’re happy to help you find out. Invest in your service organization’s future today and learn how Gogh Solutions can help you address your field service challenges, contact email@example.com
Gogh Solutions is proud to be an IFS FSM Consulting and implementation partner. With our expert knowledge of IFS and more than 22 years of FSM implementation experience, we deliver a seamless end-to-end service experience; helping organizations increase revenue, improve productivity and provide greater visibility into their field operations business.
Together we can transform field service.
Download the IFS business value assessment brochure to understand our full end-to-end business process model.