ClickSoftware End-of-Life: Preparing For the Change
Legacy system transitions are a very common issue when it comes to upgrading Field Service Management (FSM) solutions. Gogh Solutions helps many clients with these transitions from the old world to the new. Normally, the timelines for such a change are based on client needs, on client schedules, at a pace that’s both comfortable and best for their business.
In other cases, timelines are outside of both our and our clients’ control. For example, ClickSoftware 8.3 or 8.x migrations will be reaching end-of-life in December of 2023 and earlier versions will be reaching end-of-life even sooner.
If your organization currently uses ClickSoftware or is experiencing issues with unsupported FSM technology, the path forward is extremely important.
End-of-Life Really Matters
Everything has a lifecycle, including your FSM platform. When developers give an end-of-life (EOL) date, they’re saying that they will no longer be supporting those products. Issues will no longer be fixed, no new tools or features will be available, and the old solution will become vulnerable to people that are looking for weaknesses in that system.
The challenges are clear:
- Security risks may grow because of the lack of support.
- Your organization may face more liability in the event of a data breach.
- Your organization falls behind the competition – both for your employees, team members, and customers.
- End-of-Life products often cause compatibility and integration issues with other mission-critical technology or software.
It’s something most of us have experience within our personal lives. Last year, Microsoft 7, one of Windows’ most popular operating systems, reached EOL.
Preparing for a Transition
So, what can you do if your organization has a Field Service Management solution that is approaching end-of-life, is no longer supported, or you’re facing the need to transition from your legacy system quickly?
- Reach out to us at Gogh Solutions for help and opinions. The sooner the better.
- If time is short you need to make the most of the time you do have.
- Give yourself a decision-making deadline.
- When you’re facing a tight timeline it can impact your budget, even an extra week can make a difference.
- Know your priorities and needs, even if it’s just the basics.
- Will you need an on-premises or cloud solution, or a combination of the two?
- What’s your organization’s budget, size, and how complicated is your current FSM solution?
- Do you have a wish list or a list of pain points for your business?
- Are there any known likes or dislikes about your current system?
- Make a communication plan and consider involving change management.
- A successful transition will always involve people, process, and technology.
- Due to the amount of change your organization will be experiencing, it’s best to communicate early and often about what’s happening.
Things to Consider
You may not have a choice as far as your platform or technology’s end-of-life date, but you do have a choice about who you partner with to make this journey. You need a trusted advisor. You need someone who has been in the trenches before and will safely guide you to the new solution: on time, and on budget.
At Gogh Solutions, we help our clients succeed with brilliant Field Service Management solutions. Since we’ve made this journey before, we can serve as that trusted advisor to help you know what to expect and how to succeed. And our industry and operational experience will be a major advantage when it comes to tailoring your new Field Service Management solution to your business.
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- January 2020
- November 2019
- October 2019
- April 2019
- October 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017